Blogging for money is one of the most lucrative ways of earning an income online, there are many bloggers who have quit their day jobs just to focus on being full-time bloggers. It’s actually not that difficult once you learn the ropes and pour yourself into the industry. If you want to know how to make money from blogging then you have made the right choice, it is an evergreen market if you do everything right.
Why Are People Blogging For Money?
The increase in internet usage has caused many companies to resort to online marketing, there are many companies that always on the lookout for ways to promote their goods and services. Since blogging attracts online traffic and social media presence, companies are willing to spend money advertising via blogs. This can be direct advertising in form of clickable ads and product links placed on the blog itself or indirect via platforms like AdSense. By creating a good blog with a good readership, your options of making money from the blog are limitless.
Blog Writing Tips
Blogging for money requires you to run and maintain a neat blog with constant posts that engage the audience. The content that you post on your blog should be social media worthy, meaning your readers should feel the need to share the post on their various social media pages. In order to produce such high-quality posts, you need to understand blog writing. Most people will tell you to write your blog posts the way you want, while that may be true, it is not very true for people who blog for money. Here are some blog writing tips to help you produce high-quality content that engages the audience:
- First, you should take some time to develop a content plan. Your content plan will guide you as you develop the content for the duration of your blog. Plan your content in relation to your blog niche.
- Do a keyword research for each of the articles that you are going to post.
- Choose the content type and stick with it. You can choose to focus on informative articles, infotainment, technical, educative…etc, it’s up to you, which ever style you choose to make sure you are at depth with as that is the tone your blog should take always.
- Analyze your audience and target then adjust the content plan to suit the audience that you have or the audience you are going for.
- Start writing. Write as many articles as you can in advance. One thing that most bloggers fail at is posting content regularly. I will tell you this, you will get busy and start postponing writing for your blog and that is the beginning of the death of your blog. A blogger must always have a good number of articles ready to be posted, so whenever you sit down to write, do not just write one blog article, whip out as many blog articles as you can.
- Revise your articles. Make sure they read well and meet the standards required to engage your readers and get them to share on social media. This is very important; poorly written articles will destroy your blog.
- Incorporate images and graphics into your articles. There are many sites that offer free high definition stock images that you can use in your blog.
- If you have challenges writing or just do not have the time to develop the required content, then you seek the services of a professional content writer. There are many affordable content writers online who can deliver the content that you need.
Blogging For Beginners
How to make money from blogging?
As mentioned above, companies are willing to spend money on marketing their goods and services directly to the public through blogs. As a blogger you also have unlimited ways of monetizing your blog, these include:
Advertising offers a steady income as long as you manage to attract a good number of readers and maintain blog activity. When you post good content and attract a good amount of traffic, you can approach businesses that offer service related to whatever it is that you blog about. You will sell ad space on your blog to companies that are willing to buy. Seasoned bloggers actually put different ad rates depending on the ad location. For example, ads that appear on the homepage will cost more than ads that appear within a blog post.
- Affiliate marketing
Combining blogging and affiliate marketing is an excellent way of making money online. You can join a marketing program and add your links to the blog just like how you would add adverts. Always make sure that your affiliate products are relevant to the blog content.
Adsense is an automated ads program offered by Google. All you have to do is sign up with Google Adsense, get approved and incorporate the code into your blog. Ads will begin to appear automatically and you earn money every time someone clicks on an ad. One thing you should know about Adsense is that you will not have total control over the nature of the ads that appear on your site, neither will be able to control their frequency.
You can add digital and physical products for sale on your blog. The nature of the products depends on the theme of your blog. Some bloggers sell their own products like ‘How to’ books, programs and more
If you want to join the blogger’s community and start blogging for money here is a step by step guide, complete from setting up you right up to making your first post.
- The technical side of setting up your blog
To begin blogging you will need to set up a blog. There are many platforms that are designed for bloggers. Some of them are free some of them are premium, the free ones tend to have many limitations and as such, I always recommend that you set up a premium blog from the very beginning. Currently, WordPress is the leading blogging platform of choice for many bloggers due to its convenience and user friendliness.
To setup a premium blog, you will need to choose and register a domain name. Depending on the platform that you choose to use, you might be able to register a domain during your signing up process. If not you can do it independently, it is quite cheap especially with the leading domain registrars like GoDaddy, NameCheap and Hostgator.
- Choose your niche and style
With your blog set up, its time for you to choose your theme, content style and get to work. The best way to go when choosing a niche to focus on is to choose a topic that interest you a lot, you will be reading and researching a lot during your content writing days so you have to make sure you are not stuck with a topic that will bore you to death.
Another piece of advice: choose one niche and stick to it. Work on it and become an authority blogger for that niche, that is how you make money blogging.
- Start writing
When your blog is up do not waste any more time, start writing and developing content for your blog. Use the tips that we discussed earlier to write content for your blog. Create quality articles that are exciting to read and share. The goal is to engage with your readers and get them to come back for more.
- Be Consistent with your blog updates
A high-quality blog is one that is updated with great content constantly. Consistency is key if you want to make money from blogging. Visitors will stop coming to your blog if they keep finding old posts. Why should someone come back to your blog to read the same article they read on their previous visit?
- Start networking online
Follow other blogs in your niche, participate in interesting discussions and link up with other bloggers online, the more networked you are the more exposure you will create for your blog. Developing relations with other bloggers is a key step in becoming an authority figure and making big money while at it.
- Become an established blogger
This will probably take longer to achieve but it’s the ultimate goal. When you reach that stage whereby other people recognize your reputation and authority, you will begin to notice massive traffic coming to your website. The more people come to your site the more money you will make from selling ads, putting up affiliate links and selling your products.
So there you have it, a complete walk through on how to make money blogging online, by applying everything discussed above, especially the blog writing tips, you can develop into a major blogger and make a living out of it.